· VODAFONE TO REALISE US$130 BILLION FOR ITS 45% INTEREST IN VERIZON WIRELESS (2013-09-02 17:32)
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION (IN WHOLE OR IN PART) IN, INTO OR FROM ANY JURISDICTION WHERE TO DO SO WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF THE RELEVANT LAWS OF SUCH JURISDICTION
· Verizon Communications Raises Quarterly Dividend 2.9 Percent to 53 Cents per Share (2013-09-02 16:55)
NEW YORK, Sept. 2, 2013 -- The Board of Directors of Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) today declared a quarterly dividend of 53 cents per outstanding share, an increase of 1.5 cents per share, or 2.9 percent, from the previous quarter. On an annual basis, this increases Verizon's dividend by 6 cents per share, from $2.06 to $2.12 per share.
· Verizon Reaches Agreement To Acquire Vodafone's 45 Percent Interest In Verizon Wireless For $130 Billion (2013-09-02 16:55)
NEW YORK, Sept. 2, 2013 -- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Vodafone Group Plc (London, Nasdaq: VOD) to acquire Vodafone's U.S. group with the principal asset of 45 percent of Verizon Wireless for $130 billion, consisting primarily of cash and stock. Verizon expects the transaction at close to be immediately accretive to the company's EPS (earnings per share) by approximately 10 percent, without any one-time adjustments.
· Research and Markets: Finding and Retaining Profitable Customers: Insights from the Telecommunications Industry (2013-09-02 16:02)
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/r9zt38/finding_and) has announced the addition of the "Finding and Retaining Profitable Customers: Insights from the Telecommunications Industry" report to their offering.
· GM, Amazon, Hailo, Betfair, Zeebox Pledge Support for Hackathons at Apps World Europe (2013-09-02 16:02)
General Motors, Amazon, Hailo, Betfair, Zeebox, FilmOn and Civolution have pledged their support for the Hackfest Hackathon series of events to be held in London’s Earls Court 2, October 22-23, as part of Apps World Europe. The companies are supporting three hackathons that will be held at the event, including an Auto Hackathon, TV Hackathon and an Apps Hackathon, which are designed to empower hackers to deliver new and exciting ideas to industry.
· Logicalis Chief Executive Officer Ian Cook to be Appointed Chairman (2013-09-02 13:55)
LONDON, September 2, 2013 --
· Frost & Sullivan Applauds KTK Kommunikationstechnik GmbH for Defying a Tough Business Environment to Emerge Successful with its Military Standards-Compliant COTS Solutions (2013-09-02 12:55)
-- KTK has stayed ahead of the curve by pioneering highly customized, user-friendly, modular, cost-efficient COTS solutions
· Research and Markets: Flexible And Rigid-Flex Printed Circuits Information Service Production & Market Forecasts 2012-2018 (2013-09-02 11:02)
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h86589/flex_forecast) has announced the addition of the "Flexible And Rigid-Flex Printed Circuits Information Service Production & Market Forecasts 2012-2018" report to their offering.
· Chunghwa Telecom International Launches CDN Services in Taiwan Using SwiftServe Technology (2013-09-02 08:02)
SwiftServe (www.swiftserve.com), the content delivery specialist, announced today that Taiwan’s largest carrier Chunghwa Telecom International (www.cht.com.tw/en/) is launching CDN (Content Delivery Network) services based on SwiftServe technology. These services will enable Chunghwa Telecom International to meet the increasing demand for bandwidth from the growing number of Internet users who want to access video and audio content in from Taiwan, China and beyond. Chunghwa Telecom International is also joining the SwiftServe CDN Federation
· European drivers at risk from preventable "sudden jam” accidents (2013-09-02 07:32)
An independent study of more than 8,000 drivers surveyed across Europe*, revealed that people are putting themselves at risk from traffic jam related accidents. On average, 35% of respondents admitted to being involved in an accident when unable to brake in time to avoid sudden, stationary traffic.
· New Startup Android PC Sync Ships Cloud-free Android Sync for Microsoft Outlook with DROID ULTRA, Moto X, Galaxy S4, and Nexus 7 Tablet (2013-08-31 00:32)
Android PC Sync™ is a low-cost Android sync tool for Microsoft® Outlook® that uses a USB connection to exchange data. The startup champions data security and privacy by offering people an ADB-free USB connection so they do not have to store data on Cloud services like Gmail®, Google Apps, or Office 365®. Android PC Sync synchronizes Outlook contacts, calendar, birthdays, reminders, meeting invites, contact notes, and contact photos to the onboard Contacts and Calendar apps on devices running Android OS.
· Universal Electronics" Chief Financial Officer Adopts a 10b5-1 Trading Plan (2013-08-30 21:32)
Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI), (NASDAQ-NMS: UEIC) announced Bryan M. Hackworth, chief financial officer, has established a trading plan in accordance with Rule 10b5-1 of the Securities Exchange Act. Rule 10b5-1 permits individuals who are not then in possession of material nonpublic information to establish prearranged plans to buy or sell stock. The rule allows individuals to buy or sell shares of stock at a specific price in the future, regardless of any subsequent material nonpublic information.
· BMS Appoints Jerod Meacham Applications Engineering Manager (2013-08-30 21:02)
Broadcast Microwave Services, Inc. (BMS) is pleased to announce the appointment of Jerod Meacham as Applications Engineering Manager. Jerod will manage applications engineering, customer training, customer service, and customer program management. Graham Bunney, President of BMS said, “We are consolidating all of our customer support functions into one department to enable integrated pre and post-sales support for BMS customers. Jerod’s group will be involved in sales projects from the early planning stage and will ensure customer satisfaction through installation, training, acceptance and then customer support. This will improve our already industry leading customer service.”
· MicroTech's MicroKloud Steals the Show (2013-08-30 19:35)
TYSONS CORNER, Va., Aug. 30, 2013 -- Leading Cloud Provider and Technology Integrator, MicroTech, made a major statement at this week's ITEXPO in Las Vegas, Nevada which is the world's largest and best-attended communications and technology tradeshow. Education, innovation, and networking professionals from across the entire IT community saw the debut of MicroTech's newest Cloud Solution - the MicroKloud.
· Plantronics Gaming Brings RIG™ Headset to PAX Prime (2013-08-30 18:32)
PAX PRIME – Booth #3107 – At PAX Prime, learn how you can keep your head in the game and take that call without hitting pause with the upcoming gaming audio system from Plantronics Gaming, RIG. RIG has been designed from the ground up with smartphone integration, to help multi-device gamers blend superior game audio and chat with smartphone music, notifications, and apps, and take calls without interrupting their game.
· Verizon Wireless Recognized as the Network Quality Leader in New England in Latest J.D. Power Study (2013-08-30 18:32)
· Will You #BeTheFan? AT&T Continues Long-time Support Of NCAA® Football (2013-08-30 17:55)
DALLAS, Aug. 30, 2013 --Rejoice – NCAA® Football is finally here and AT&T* is proud to continue as its official wireless provider. This season, AT&T has recruited a new coach, two-time Emmy® winning actor and fanatic Eric Stonestreet, to help NCAA® Football faithful showcase their commitment and earn their way to the game of the week as AT&T Presents #BeTheFan. Also, AT&T will again be a part of ESPN's College GameDay built by The Home Depot and will continue to sponsor the "AT&T All-America Player of the Week," "AT&T All-America Player of the Year" and a healthy roster of top rivalry and bowl games. The company will also host the AT&T Fan Zone Tour.